Your reason for being here…
To drive an innovative, solution-driven and efficient venue finding process whilst building strong relationships with suppliers to maximise profitability and resource within the teams.
The way you roll...
As an organisational superstar, you lead and assist venue searches, drawing on your own knowledge with top notch experience of International & UK venue sourcing. As Senior Venue Consultant , teamwork makes the dream work, so you’ll love working as part of a team just as much as leading it!
How you make it all possible…
- Cultivating and maintaining supplier relationships. Be a supplier liaison and champion providing unrivalled support to the PM and KAM teams
- Accountable for ensuring effective systems and processes are in place to support venue finding
- Track all venue sourcing enquiries and work with HOPM to manage resource and capacity
- Attend proposal meetings with the PM/ KAM and consult on proposals
- Lead/ assist with venue searches drawing on own knowledge
- Monitor all venue finding responses & maintain and agreed standard
- Monitor commerciality of venue finding processes reporting on savings, value added and commissions
- Coordinate and attend all supplier visits alongside PMs/ KAMs & attend relevant FAM trips
- Keep updated on venue and product knowledge & disseminate to business and clients
- Support DRPG in any cases of underdelivering venues to negotiate best deals
- Focus on providing solutions to challenges; include suggestions for approaching things differently that may create more opportunities
- Provide training where required to PM and KAM teams to help upskill the teams
- Regularly attend live projects to keep your knowledge fresh of how the venues are used
- Manage the venue finding team members
- To carry out any reasonable request by the department Director and Manager
- To report to Clients / Project Managers / Directors as required
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other such duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require
What's in your toolbox…
- Excellent venue knowledge in the UK and Worldwide
- A good understanding of event organising and operations
- Understanding of hotel operations
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience of International and UK venue sourcing
- Good keyboard and computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- The ability to work with figures in order to manage reports and assist team members
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Ability to work independently and to ‘think outside the box’
- Analytical thinking to be able to sift through lots of information
- Positive, friendly attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Foreign language skills would be an advantage
Get to know us…
We’re one of the most unexpectedly all-round capable communications agencies that’s been on the go for years – ever since our head honcho set up shop in a shed back in 1980, in fact.
Since then, we’ve made it our mission to make anything possible for our many and varied clients, putting our creative flair into delivering strategic communication campaigns, digital solutions, film and videos, events, exhibitions, and a whole lot more in between. We’ve grown a lot, but we’ve kept everything that made us great, back from the very day we first started out. Our global HQ and largest studios are smack bang in the middle of the UK and well worth a visit to see for yourself!
Hang on, there’s more…
The role will be based primarily in Hartlebury, but there will be times when you’ll need to work from our other offices and undertake other related commercial duties both in the UK and overseas. Flexibility is key!
We’re a friendly team. We really, really welcome anyone who wants to become part of a brilliant company. If you’re passionate with a cracking drive to deliver on our ‘anything’s possible’ mindset, we’d love to hear from you!
DRPG is an equal opportunities employer
Data Security (not super exciting, but necessary)
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in the DRPG Information Security Policy and your Employee Confidentiality Agreement. Failure to do so may be treated as gross misconduct. You must also work within the guidelines set out in DRPG’s Health & Safety Policy and Team Handbook.