Your reason for being here…
Everyone here at DRPG has a purpose, and yours is to bring incredible visions to life and demonstrate just how committed we are to making anything possible.
The way you roll...
As someone with a flexible, fabulous attitude, you’re calm (blue ocean) no matter whether you’re dealing with colleagues, clients, artists, venue teams or bustling environments.
A self-motivated quick thinker, when issues arise you whoop with joy, before thinking up a never ending string of fabulous solutions that’ll have those around you in awe. Impressively, you also never break a sweat even when juggling diverse projects or tackling the occasional terrifying
You’re a big believer that teamwork makes the dream work, but even when flying solo you’re equally as confident in your craft and a wiz at getting things done without skimping on the quality. Your eagle eye will make sure every detail is exactly as it should be, and you naturally deliver on our philosophy of ‘anything’s possible’.
How you make it all possible…
- Managing a team of carpenters, providing that all-important motivation and support, as well
- as ensuring build schedules are delivered to required specifications and designs
- Providing costings, budgets and specification at the costing stage
- Liaising and working closely with production managers to ensure that their requirements are
- Managing a busy workshop
- Leading from the front and motivating and supporting your team, ensuring all staff are
- working in accordance with relevant procedures and legislation
- Working closely with the build foreman
- Providing costing of materials and build times for production managers
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of set building delivery
- Controlling of stock and ordering
- Assessing the workflow and scheduling of future events to ensure compatibility of carpenters and their build projects
- Constructing custom and stock scenic elements from detailed plans
- Sourcing and advising on correct materials
- Controlling maintenance of all set components
- Scheduling and preparing sets, including covering through build foreman
- Managing the load and unloading of stage sets and staging in a safe and controlled manor
- Ensuring best practice is adhered to and correct tooling is used on-site and in the workshop
- Promoting and complying with our policy on equal opportunities, both in delivery of services and treatment of others
- Working within the guidelines set out in our Health & Safety policy and employee manual
- Working flexibly and undertaking such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other such duties as the management may, from time to time, reasonably require.
What's in your toolbox…
- 5+ years of experience
- Able to travel throughout the UK and overseas (you jet-setter!)
- Full, clean driver’s licence
- Experience in events, including conferences, shop fitting, experiential and exhibitions
- Experience of using AutoCAD packages as well as the ability to read/ interpret CAD drawings
- Qualifications in the safe use of tooling
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Good knowledge of the production process and resource/ timescales needed to realise production requirements
- Excellent all-round communication skills with good literary and numeracy
- Impressive knowledge of Health & Safety
- Proven ability to deliver a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers
- Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot
Get to know us…
We’re one of the most unexpectedly all-round capable communications agencies that’s been on the go for years – ever since our head honcho set up shop in a shed back in 1980, in fact.
Since then, we’ve made it our mission to make anything possible for our many and varied clients, putting our creative flair into delivering strategic communication campaigns, digital solutions, film and videos, events, exhibitions, and a whole lot more in between. We’ve grown a lot, but we’ve kept everything that made us great, back from the very day we first started out. Our global HQ and largest studios are smack bang in the middle of the UK and well worth a visit to see for yourself!
Hang on, there’s more…
The role will be based primarily in Hartlebury, but there will be times when you’ll need to work from our other offices and undertake other related commercial duties around the UK. Flexibility is key!
We’re a friendly team. We really, really welcome anyone who wants to become part of a brilliant company. If you’re passionate with a cracking drive to deliver on our ‘anything’s possible’ mindset, we’d love to hear from you!
DRPG is an equal opportunities employer
Data Security (not super exciting, but necessary)
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in the DRPG Information Security Policy and your Employee Confidentiality Agreement. Failure to do so may be treated as gross misconduct. You must also work within the guidelines set out in DRPG’s Health & Safety Policy and Team Handbook.