Your reason for being here…
Your purpose is to lead the technical development teams to glory. Your passion & enthusiasm for innovation & technology will ensure we remain at the forefront of cutting-edge innovation across the Digital landscape. Improving what we have and bringing in new approaches will be paramount
The way you roll...
You’re passionate about creating cool, digital things. Attention to the smallest of details is a definite must-have. Challenging situations are taken in your stride, and your attitude always remains positive. You have stellar communication skills and translating digital solutions to non-technical minds will be a breeze. Leadership of digital teams and workstreams will be your bag and working across many projects won’t cause you to break a sweat.
How you make it all possible…
- Lead the overall vision and strategy for the department from a technical perspective
- Lead the Tech leadership team (TLT) to drive new innovations in the digital world
- Work with the TLT to create objectives, goals, standards, guidelines, and development policies for the whole team
- Support the Technical Managers and DevOps manager to develop the strategic direction and progression of their teams
- Line management of TLT and developers
- Understand the business needs from all angles to work with both technical and non-technical staff members
- Manage client relationships and escalation of technical matters for the team
- Maintaining quality control, keeping records and communicating and managing roles
- Managing time and calendars, securing signoffs/ approvals
- Improving plans as they progress, when possible
- Managing meetings appropriately
- Owning budgets
- Managing third-party suppliers appropriately
- Running and supporting client workshops and strategy shaping
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other such duties as the management may, from time to time, reasonably require.
What's in your toolbox…
- Ten years’ experience in architectural work and development with a Computer Science degree (or similar) or with or ability to demonstrate high level of industry/ relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience of building and leading multiple Production teams
- Five years of experience with working on complex projects of all shapes and sizes
- Ability to quickly understand existing projects and needs
- Understanding of a range of different methodologies (e.g., waterfall, agile, scrum) around ways of working and structuring projects
- Championing software engineering best practices including Agile, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Pair Programming….
- Balance of Management & technical / infrastructure points of view
- Revel in fast-paced environments - digital agency life
Get to know us…
We’re one of the most unexpectedly all-round capable communications agencies that’s been on the go for years – ever since our head honcho set up shop in a shed back in 1980, in fact.
Since then, we’ve made it our mission to make anything possible for our many and varied clients, putting our creative flair into delivering strategic communication campaigns, digital solutions, film and videos, events, exhibitions, and a whole lot more in between. We’ve grown a lot, but we’ve kept everything that made us great, back from the very day we first started out. Our global HQ and largest studios are smack bang in the middle of the UK and well worth a visit to see for yourself!
Hang on, there’s more…
The role will be based primarily in Hartlebury, but there will be times when you’ll need to work from our other offices and undertake other related commercial duties both in the UK and overseas. Flexibility is key!
We’re a friendly team. We really, really welcome anyone who wants to become part of a brilliant company. If you’re passionate with a cracking drive to deliver on our ‘anything’s possible’ mindset, we’d love to hear from you!
DRPG is an equal opportunities employer
Data Security (not super exciting, but necessary)
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in the DRPG Information Security Policy and your Employee Confidentiality Agreement. Failure to do so may be treated as gross misconduct. You must also work within the guidelines set out in DRPG’s Health & Safety Policy and Team Handbook.