Your reason for being here…
Everyone here at DRPG has a purpose, and yours is to bring incredible visions to life for our live events and exhibitions. From initial conceptualisation through to realisation and delivery, you’re always demonstrating just how committed we are to making anything possible.
The way you roll…
As someone with a flexible, fabulous attitude, you’re calm (blue ocean) no matter who you’re dealing with, whether that be colleagues, contractors, venue production staff or event organisers.
A self-motivated quick thinker, when issues arise you whoop with joy, before thinking up a never-ending string of fabulous solutions that’ll have those around you in awe. Impressively, you also never break a sweat even when juggling diverse projects or tackling the occasional terrifying deadline!
You’re a big believer that teamwork makes the dream work, but even when flying solo, you’re equally as confident in your craft and a wiz at getting things done without skimping on the quality. Your eagle eye will make sure every detail is exactly as it should be, and you naturally deliver on our philosophy of ‘anything’s possible’.
How you make it all possible…
- Delivering creatively challenging and inspiring scenic solutions for our clients, pushing boundaries and putting to the forefront the ethos of challenging the norm and not accepting the ordinary
- Working closely with a wide variety of team members, taking in ideas, budgets, practicalities, and constraints to produce thoroughly thought through solutions that achieve all the desired objectives
- Managing the on-site carpentry, staging and scenic elements on events and exhibitions, delegating work to those you are responsible for and ensuring timelines and objectives are met by all
- Creating fully detailed CAD construction drawings of items for build by the Workshop team or contractors, along with submissions for venues, clients and structural sign off; drawings will need to be of the highest quality, ensuring accuracy and consistency across all projects, maximising material usage, minimising waste and providing clear overarching instructions
- Ensuring that adequate and appropriate scenic production management support is provided on assigned projects throughout the entire lifecycle of the contract; this will include all pre-production communications and documentation, physical on-site delivery, management and coordination of sub-contractors, and post-event de-briefs
- Attending various venues across the UK, Europe and Worldwide for site visits, production meetings, live events and exhibitions
- Assisting in the costing and production of client proposals based on your briefs
- Acting as client liaison when necessary and continue to maintain and build client relationships to a high standard
- Ensuring budgetary targets are met through the proactive management of materials, suppliers, contractors and staffing on an event-by-event basis; costs should be minimised where practically possible, while maintaining the highest standards of production values, health and safety and client satisfaction
- Leading, motivating, supporting and directing staff for whom you are responsible and ensuring all staff are aware of and are working in accordance with current company policy and procedures and relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Working in conjunction with others to ensure that departmental and event-related activities are risk assessed
- Accurately managing and working within a set budget, ensuring that all financial matters are handled in accordance with company policy and reported back to relevant individuals as and where necessary
- Working with the Head of Production and Head of Scenic to advance scenic related offerings and capabilities within the business
- Promoting and complying with DRPG’s policy on equal opportunities both in delivery of services and treatment of others
- Working flexibly and undertaking other such duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require
What’s in your toolbox…
- Five+ years of experience
- Able to travel throughout the UK and overseas (you jet-setter!)
- Full, clean driver’s licence
- Experience of large-scale conference scenic elements, complex exhibition builds, pop-up stands and activations
- Experience of using AutoCAD, Vectorworks and Sketchup drawing packages
- Proven track record in design realisation
- Efficient team working across multiple disciplines will be needed throughout the lifetime of projects as you liaise with Creative, Production, and Workshop colleagues (to name but a few).
- Proven leadership and management skills, with experience of staff and crew management
- Knowledge of the scenic/exhibition production process and resource/timescales needed to realise production requirements
- Excellent all-round communication skills with good literary and numeracy
- Proven ability to co-ordinate scenic/exhibition production aspects of live events effectively
- Knowledge of Health and Safety and Licencing Regulations
- Self-motivated and able to work under your own initiative, with an enthusiastic and flexible approach to your work
- Proven ability to deliver a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers. The ability to inspire confidence in those you work with
- Ability to read/interpret and create complex CAD drawings
- Budgeting and financial skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Resourcefulness and ability to problem solve and trouble shoot
Get to know us…
We’re one of the most unexpectedly all-round capable communications agencies that’s been on the go for years – ever since our head honcho set up shop in a shed back in 1980, in fact.
Since then, we’ve made it our mission to make anything possible for our many and varied clients, putting our creative flair into delivering strategic communication campaigns, digital solutions, film and videos, events, exhibitions, and a whole lot more in between. We’ve grown a lot, but we’ve kept everything that made us great, back from the very day we first started out. Our global HQ and largest studios are smack bang in the middle of the UK and well worth a visit to see for yourself!
Hang on, there’s more…
The role will be based primarily in Hartlebury, but there will be times when you’ll need to work from our other offices and undertake other related commercial duties both in the UK and overseas. Flexibility is key!
We’re a friendly team. We really welcome anyone who wants to become part of a brilliant company. If you’re passionate with a cracking drive to deliver on our ‘anything’s possible’ mindset, we’d love to hear from you!
DRPG is an equal opportunities employer.
Data Security (not super exciting, but necessary)
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in the DRPG Information Security Policy and your Employee Confidentiality Agreement. Failure to do so may be treated as gross misconduct.
You must also work within the guidelines set out in DRPG’s Health & Safety Policy and Team Handbook.