Your reason for being here…
To create incredible stands that get results. You’ll manage all build aspects of our exhibition stands and experiential events from initial
conceptualisation, right through to realisation and delivery.
The way you roll…
You’re a confident manager who stays cool under pressure and is super flexible. A born multitasker, you judge multiple projects with ease and never miss a deadline. Happy working in a busy environment, you thrive on action and never let the pressure get to you.
You’re a real people person, so you love working with a wide range of people, including colleagues, contracts, venue production staff and conference/ event organisers. To you, your team is everything.
How you make it all possible…
- Delivering creatively challenging and inspiring solutions for our clients, pushing boundaries and challenging the norm
- Working closely with a wide variety of team members, taking in ideas, budgets, practicalities and constraints to produce thought provoking thought through solutions
- Managing the on-site Carpentry and Technical elements, delegating work to those you are responsible for and ensuring timelines and objectives are met
- Attending venues across the UK, Europe and worldwide for suite visits, production meetings, exhibitions and experiential activations
Assisting in the costing and production of client proposals based on their briefs
- Acting as client liaison when necessary and continue to maintain and build client relationships to a high standard
Creating fully detailed CAD construction drawings of items for build by the workshop team or contractors, along with submissions for venues, clients, and structural sign off
- Ensuring adequate and appropriate exhibition management support is provided on assigned projects throughout the entire lifecycle of the contract
- Making sure budgetary targets are met through the proactive management of materials, suppliers, contractors and staffing on an event-by-event basis
- Leading, motivation, supporting and directing the staff you’re responsible for, plus ensuring they work in accordance with current company policy and procedures
- Accurately managing a set budget, ensuring all financial matters are handled in accordance with company policy and reported back to relevant individuals as and where necessary
- Working with Head of Production and Head of Stage & Scenic to advance exhibition related offerings and capabilities with the business
What’s in your toolbox…
- At least five years’ experience in production management
- Proven leadership and management skills, with experience of staff and crew management
- Knowledge of the exhibition production process and resource/ timescales needed to realise production requirements
- Excellent all-round communication skills with good literacy and numeracy
- Ability to read/ interpret and create complex CAD drawing and ideally experience using AutoCAD, Vectorworks and Sketchup drawing packages
- Budgeting and financial skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Resourcefulness and ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Excellent teamwork skills, applied across multiple disciplines
- Proven ability to co-ordinate scenic/ exhibition production aspects of live events effectively
- Experience of complex exhibition builds and experiential activations
- Current UK driving licence
Get to know us…
We’re one of the most unexpectedly all-round capable communications agencies that’s been on the go for years – ever since our head honcho set up shop in a shed back in 1980, in fact. Since then, we’ve made it our mission to make anything possible for our many and varied clients,
putting our creative flair into delivering strategic communication campaigns, digital solutions, film and videos, events, exhibitions, and a whole lot more in between. We’ve grown a lot, but we’ve kept everything that made us great, back from the very day we first started out. Our global HQ and largest studios are smack bang in the middle of the UK and well worth a visit to see for yourself!
Hang on, there’s more…
The role will be based primarily in either Hartlebury, Manchester or London but there will be times when you’ll need to work from our other places and undertake other related commercial duties both in the UK and overseas. Flexibility is key!
We’re a friendly team. We really, really welcome anyone who wants to become part of a brilliant company. If you’re passionate with a cracking drive to deliver on our ‘anything’s possible’ mindset, we’d love to hear from you! DRPG is an equal opportunities employer. Data Security (not super exciting, but necessary). At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in the DRPG Information Security Policy and your Employee Confidentiality Agreement. Failure to do so may be treated as gross misconduct.
You must also work within the guidelines set out in DRPG’s Health & Safety Policy and Team Handbook.