Your reason for being here…
Everyone here at DRPG has a purpose, and yours is to inspire audiences with unforgettably unexpected and seamless experiences that are absolute perfection!
The way you roll…
Your innate love of event production makes you a practical problem solver with a super imagination. You’re calm (blue ocean) no matter whether you’re dealing with colleagues, clients, artists or venue teams. You won’t break a sweat when juggling diverse projects all with tight deadlines. Your eagle eye will make sure every detail is exactly as it should be, and you naturally deliver on our philosophy of ‘anything’s possible’.
How you make it all possible…
- Leading from the front and motivating and supporting your team, ensuring all staff are working in accordance with relevant procedures and legislation
- Working in conjunction with our Health and Safety team, ensuring events and activities are risk-assessed
- Working to a budget set by the client and ensuring all financial matters are managed and recorded accurately
- Pro-active management of staffing levels on an event-by-event basis will be required to ensure budgetary targets are met and high standards and production values are maintained
- Ensuring adequate and appropriate technical support is provided in advance, during and following events
- Line managing the team of technical staff, directing the work of permanent technicians, freelance partners and casual crew on an event-by-event basis
- Attending site visits and production meeting as required
- Assisting in the costing and production of client proposals based on their briefs
- Acting as a client liaison and maintaining and building strong client relationships
- Assessing the technical requirements of future events to ensure compatibility with venues and to determine potential costs
- Working with other departments to determine requirements for events and maximising income from these events
- Maintaining high standards of production for all events
- Co-ordinating lighting, sound, video, set and staging, electrical infrastructure, communications, and any other technical equipment necessary for events
- Completing reconciliation for all event spend including credit cards, fuel expenses and weekend pay
- Attending Ops and Team meetings as required
- Ensuring events run in line with regulations pertaining to the Premises Licence
- Liaising with licensing, safety and emergency service officials as required and obtaining special permissions where required (pyro, laser, radio mic etc.)
- Promoting and complying with DRPG’s policy on equal opportunities both in delivery of services and treatment of others
- Researching new technologies to be incorporated into live projects
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to work flexibly and undertake other such duties as the management may from time to time, reasonably require.
What’s in your toolbox…
- Five+ years in technical delivery, working with either an agency or a production company
- Experience in a variety of types of events including conferences, concerts/ evening events, hospitality experiences and consumer activations
- Streaming and broadcast knowledge
- Proven leadership and management skills, with experience of staff and crew management
- Knowledge of the production process and resource/ timescales needed to realise production requirements
- Fabulous communication skills with top literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience of professional stage machinery/ electrics/ sound/ lighting communications and audio-visual techniques
- Ability to read/ interpret CAD drawings
- Whizbang financial skills
- Terrific customer service levels - we want our clients to adore working with you!
- Current driving licence
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (jet setter)
- Experience of designing and drawing in both 2D and 3D
- Experience of Vector Works or AutoCAD software
Get to know us…
We’re one of the most unexpectedly all-round capable communications agencies that’s been on the go for years – ever since our head honcho set up shop in a shed back in 1980, in fact.
Since then, we’ve made it our mission to make anything possible for our many and varied clients, putting our creative flair into delivering strategic communication campaigns, digital solutions, film and videos, events, exhibitions, and a whole lot more in between. We’ve grown a lot, but we’ve kept everything that made us great, back from the very day we first started out. Our global HQ and largest studios are smack bang in the middle of the UK and well worth a visit to see for yourself!
Hang on, there’s more…
The role will be based primarily in Hartlebury, but there will be times when you’ll need to work from our other offices and undertake other related commercial duties both in the UK and overseas. Flexibility is key!
We’re a friendly team. We really, really welcome anyone who wants to become part of a brilliant company. If you’re passionate with a cracking drive to deliver on our ‘anything’s possible’ mindset, we’d love to hear from you!
DRPG is an equal opportunities employer.
Data Security (not super exciting, but necessary)
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in the DRPG Information Security Policy and your Employee Confidentiality Agreement. Failure to do so may be treated as gross misconduct.
You must also work within the guidelines set out in DRPG’s Health & Safety Policy and Team Handbook.