Your reason for being here…
Your purpose here at DRPG is to enable audiences to seamlessly experience incredible events like never before. Because of you, jaws will drop, memories will be made, and futures will be transformed for the better.
The way you roll…
A super communicator, you ensure smooth sailing for event delivery. As Project Manager, teamwork makes the dream work, so you’ll love working as part of a team just as much as leading it! You provide solutions and lead with confidence, leaving no man or woman behind. Your incredible attention to detail will ensure nothing is left to chance, and your drive for approaching each project with flexibility and adaptability will leave clients feeling secure and valued.
How you make it all possible…
- Organising stellar events, conferences, road shows, product launches and gala dinners including full end-to-end planning and communication
- Implementation and execution of delegate logistics solutions
- Management of delegates/ staff and client travel arrangements (aka making sure there’re no repeats of Home Alone)
- Interpreting client requirements accurately, influencing where appropriate (especially when it comes to whose tea round it is) and producing full production proposals which you will be expected to co-ordinate within DRPG
- Exceeding clients’ expectations with your effective leadership and direction of team members
- Managing clients’ and colleagues’ expectations (get ready to rake your desktop Zen Garden) through pro-active management and planning with realistic deadlines
- Keenly managing budgets, ensuring targeted profits are achieved and ideally exceeded
- Building relationships with third-party providers, ensuring the best value and delivery against prescribed service level agreements
- Pro-actively informing DRPG regarding any irregularities, lack of adherence, and/ or problems which could result in detrimental implications within the project – it’s all about owning it!
- Participating in regular meetings with the Senior team and working to mentor the Junior team
- Delivering projects (including international) on time, within budget, and to the agreed objectives, exceeding all client expectations
- Feedback from delegates and key stakeholders, in particular logistics and communication processes
- Developing client contacts and increasing revenue
- Recording key reconciliation of accounts/ spends and travel arrangements
- Working alongside a Project Director, where applicable, on all creative aspects of the job to ensure cohesion and consistency for each project
- Planning and overseeing all aspects of production, liaising directly with assigned individuals from each department, and schedule deadlines both for internal and client use
- Co-ordinating all internal and external project meetings, setting agendas, ensure constructive outcomes, documenting and following up on necessary actions
- Constantly monitoring the progress of the project ensuring it does not fall behind
- Controlling, negotiating and efficiently communicating expectations and requirements with all third-party suppliers (including venues)
- Identifying problem areas and/ or challenge any concerns that may result in having a negative impact on the final outcome
- Produce and oversee all supporting documentation such as final event information/ scripts etc.
- Planning and ensuring all logistics for DRPG crew (including third-party crew where applicable) are in place and well communicated
- Overseeing and managing all delegate logistics including pre-communications, registration, communications, arrival, hotel check-in, registration etc.
- Providing the on-site support and direct supervision where required including standards of health and safety
- Managing post-event debriefs including both internal and external
- Undertaking any other duties that are required as part of any project, business activity or as requested by department leader
Additionally, your duties will see you in charge of client budgets and multiple projects, meaning you will be responsible for:
- All aspects of individual project budgets, ensuring projects deliver on expectations
- Raising purchase orders for all department/ projects and ensuring accurate records and procedures are adhered to
- Obtaining documented sign off from client on all aspects of budgets, from initial acceptance through to confirmation for all additional spend thereafter
- Producing all final invoices
- Full reconciliation reporting
What’s in your toolbox…
You’ll know your stuff thanks to at least 1-2 years working in a management role
- Running logistically challenging events
- Implementing and maintaining delegate logistics plans
- Event reconciliation (with a proven track record)
- Working with hotels and venues
- UK end-to-end management of events for over 500 people (this is essential!)
- Leading, directing or coordinating teams through event management (also essential…)
- Excellent rapport building, active listening and communication skills, supported by proven relationships internally and externally
- Financial and budget management
- Producing client proposals
- Managing multiple clients and events simultaneously
- Knowledge of production elements including technical, design, print, video, multi-media and presentation
- Delegate management, including online registration, is preferable
- All financial, commercial, administrative and customer focused competencies commensurate with responsibility for project management
- A full UK driving licence
- Good computer literacy skills (particularly working on Teams, Outlook, Trello)
Get to know us…
We’re one of the most unexpectedly all-round capable communications agencies that’s been on the go for years – ever since our head honcho set up shop in a shed back in 1980, in fact. Since then, we’ve made it our mission to make anything possible for our many and varied clients, putting our creative flair into delivering strategic communication campaigns, digital solutions, film and videos, events, exhibitions, and a whole lot more in between. We’ve grown a lot, but we’ve kept everything that made us great, back from the very day we first started out. Our global HQ and largest studios are smack bang in the middle of the UK and well worth a visit to see for yourself!
Hang on, there’s more…
The role can be based from our Hartlebury, Manchester or London offices, but there will be times when you’ll need to work from our other offices and undertake other related commercial duties both in the UK and overseas. Flexibility is key!
We’re a friendly team. We really, really welcome anyone who wants to become part of a brilliant company. If you’re passionate with a cracking drive to deliver on our ‘anything’s possible’ mindset, we’d love to hear from you!
DRPG is an equal opportunities employer. Data Security (not super exciting, but necessary).
At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in the DRPG Information Security Policy and your Employee Confidentiality Agreement. Failure to do so may be treated as gross misconduct. You must also work within the guidelines set out in DRPG’s Health & Safety Policy and Team Handbook.